Monday, November 17, 2008

More Jars

Hi! Sharon from Indigo Threads here. I've been too busy to be able to get much sewing done lately, but I finally got a few minutes to finish some "Witch's Pantry" jars.
I'm not really sure about the lid on that block in the middle. I think I need to take it off and re-sew it, blunting the point on the 'square on point' to keep it anchored to the jar a little more. It looks like it's floating off in space! Any thoughts on that??
I found a list of spell ingredients on a Harry Potter web site, and picked out some fabrics that I thought would "work" for some of those ingredients. That's what those pieces of paper are that are pinned to the jars. I'll be making permanent labels in a more "witch-y" font to put on the jars before I'm done. (I guess my witch is kind of organized?? More than I am!)
I'm not real sure that my jars are as wonky as I'd hoped they'd be. I seem to be having some trouble "letting go" and getting wild and wonky. I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What great jars - and I love the idea of matching the fabric to the potion. I think these will be such fun once they are finished.

Tonya Ricucci said...

to make jars that are wonkier, start with the base rectangle/square wonkier. have sloping sides or make it lean... that will definitely add to the wonkiness. so much fun!

Clare said...

I love the one with the pink stopper in the top photo.

Heidi said...

Great jars, and yes the purple lid could be a litte more attached to the jar...
This will be a fun quilt

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun idea!

I had a list of potions from a miniature project I did with my nephew (Snapes office.) I'll try and dig it out....