My project for the class is complete. Bloom. I struggled with the quilting and have ripped it out twice, but that's ok. First I tried free motion flowers (really took away from the composition of the piece), then I tried echo quilting. Very honestly I got lost in the echoes and couldn't fill the white space in a way that added to the piece. I did this with a setting on my mom's machine. It required a bit of ripping too, but once I got the hang of it, it went pretty well. I love the texture that it provides without distracting from the nifty free piecing.
The sign of a great class and a great teacher is when you actually learn something. I did. Thanks Tonya and thanks classmates! Your support has made all the difference.
I'm pretty happy to go find the perfect wall to display it.