Friday, October 24, 2008

Aloha!!!

I am NOT in Hawaii! I repeat... I am NOT in Hawaii!!! (I might wish I was... but I am not!)

But rather, I can be found in frosty, chilly upstate NY...
where there are lots of leaves to rake..but it is sunny....
I don't really have a plan set for this quilt which I plan to have raffled off in January but this is what I am up to so far...
Do you all start with a sketched plan???

How about a free pieced hibiscus??? ideas??? I am trying things out in the sewing room but am not sure how it is going to turn out, stay tuned.....

4 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Love it! You have a great start. What about tiki huts, palm trees, a lei?? Have fun!

LauraJ said...

i love your fabric choices!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun quilt in progress! I do sketch. I'll try different ways of composing blocks. I don't ever have an exact plan that I follow though.

jacquie said...

i sketch too, but you know me...no plan. i love what you have started here. hawaii...so much inspiration...i see a sun, maybe a bunch of wild board shorts?