Monday, October 6, 2008

Red & White Houses




Hi everybody! I'm excited to join yet another of Tonya's great groups. She's got great ideas, doesn't she! I already had a pile of red and white fabrics that I've been saving for a liberated house quilt so it was no problem to get started on this one (even though I should have been doing other things-shhh). At this point I've actually got all my words and houses done, but I'm just showing a sneak peak. I will try to get all the blocks together this week. The block above was intended to be a dog house, thus the appliqued door, but Chloe liked it so much it's hers now. The other houses will have free pieced doors and windows. The heart is there because there was a slub in the fabric that looked like it might cause trouble someday, so I appliqued over it. I look forward to seeing all the great ideas here!

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

uh oh,Chloe's in the doghouse. ha ha ha. beautiful colors and fabrics - going to be a really fun quilt!

nannergirl said...

Wow! I really like what you've done so far. I'm working on house #2 and it's fun but slow going.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

lookin' good! I gotta get mine going...