Thursday, October 30, 2008

work has started...

Hi there,
I have been enjoying all the work that has been going on around here....that is a seriously awesome castle! I finished a big quilt at the beginning of October and I have been stuck in a creative lull. The silence is deafening.

SO, I turned 34 and decided that I needed to just get myself out of bed an hour earlier and start the day off right, with exercise or quilting....well, I can do the quilting. I have been working on this for a few mornings, not a lot, but I am in love with these chair quilts ,they are magic to me. I was pleased with my first attempt...but all my husband could see was houses. Back to the drawing board...

these are also my first wonky stars and I LOVE THEM...very easy and a great way to use the end scraps from binding. This all will coalesce somehow...it might be called 6am...because that is when I have been squeezing in time to work on it....maybe some letters...

JMB

4 comments:

Fiber Babble said...

I thought I saw a house, too - but as soon as you said so, I could see the chair. The fabrics are just darling and it already just shouts HAPPY!

Tonya Ricucci said...

yup, saw houses too - very cool houses though. I think that's cuz I'm expecting to see houses when I open this blog and then there were the stars in the sky... great stars - glad you gave them a try. I love those chairs of Septemberbird's too! glad you're having some fun sewing (I need to get back into it myself) - keep at it.

Lynda said...

I won't be joining you when you get up an hour early (too lazy!) but I'll be watching your progress. Thanks for sharing the chairs, and keep playing with yours - just a little tweak somewhere and it'll appear!

Donna said...

love the diea of chair... I wonder if part of the reason people see house is either the size/shape of the seat (larger, less angle might be less roof) &/or the contrast between chair blue and background isn't enough so the white of the design wall becomes part of the picture in your mind...