Sunday, October 5, 2008

Introducing myself


Hi, everyone. I'm Jeanne from Northern California. I've been quilting 4-ish years and have dabbled in just about every form of this amazing art. There are just so many avenues to explore! Now that my three children are all into their college years (that's the only hint you'll get as to my age) I have a bit more time to play, which is hard to complain about. 'Course three children in their college years also tends to drain the ol' bank account, but such is life.

Here's my first project using Tonya's wonderful letter technique. I can only claim credit for 1/5 of the center, as this was the product of a sew-a-row with my guild. My only request was that the rows be spring-related. I love what they did! (My initial row is the fourth from the top). When I sewed them all together, I immediately thought of my mother's favorite poem... "Spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies is?" What a perfect opportunity to add some pieced letters!

I'm really looking forward to this project and seeing what everyone else is doing. Oh, and I adore the witch's pantry idea!

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Jeanne, it's wonderful to meet you. what a fun quilt and woohoo with the letters!

Amanda said...

Hello Jeanne, I love your quilt and what a great verse to put with it.