Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hi!

I am Nancy from North Carolina. I am excited about being part of this. I have never done this before so we shall see how it goes. For 30+ years I was a high school math teacher and loved it. I am now a stay at home grandmother. I enjoy liberated quilting. Gwen's book literally changed my life. I come from a long line of quilters and I was always intimidated by matching points and all the planning. My aunt showed me Gwen's book and I was hooked. I was fortunate this year to be able to go to her retreat and it surpassed all my expectations. I have only been quilting for about 2 years but I enjoy it very much. I particularly love to make houses.










My blog is http://truebluenana.blogspot.com/. I am true blue because we are huge North Carolina Tarheel fans. During basketball season we bleed blue!












I have so many ideas. This should be fun.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello Nancy, I'm a retired teacher too. I am really hoping to get hold of a copy of Liberated Quilting if it gets reprinted.

Tonya Ricucci said...

So happy to have you in the class, Nancy. Hmm, are you making Tarheels houses????