Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Does this count?


This is Amanda checking in. I made this small quilt last week, using the pattern from Happy Villages by Karen Eckmeier. Well, it's not really a pattern, more of a set of guidelines. It was surprisingly easy to make, and extremely effective. I've made it for the Christmas Raffle at the Nursing Home that looked after my mother-in-law in her last days. What do you reckon? Does it count as wonky houses? The photograph isn't great, but it's a really grey day here in the UK.

5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I think it looks great Amanda. I have this book somewhere and had plans to make a variation from one of my photographs of Minneapolis...unfortunately I haven't been able to find my book since my April move.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Cute! Clever! And so colorful! I love it! Looks like it was fun too!

MGM

Twisted Quilts said...

I love that quilt. The colors are fantastic.

Jeannine said...

That is awesome! Very cool!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt, but nope, doesn't count as wonky houses. They gotta be Gwen or Tonya houses for this class. Or Amanda houses - you can definitely design them all by yourself too!