Tuesday, October 28, 2008


The construction crew returned to my castle today :-) Wish the stars were out in the sky, but maybe a fused one tomorrow as its all sewn together now :-)

My castle has a little middle age pread going on towards the top, but its all squared up and works for me :-)

Its about 20X 23 inches, so not huge... I am glad I don't have to climb all the stairs that must be inside it though -- or pay the hydro bill given the number of rooms with lights on! :-)

I've been toying with a couple of ideas around this castle. One would be a fun fire breathing dragon in the sky... I'd need to find the right fabric and do a fused applique. I don't have the right fabric in my collection, so I think this idea is likely to burn up before happening.

The other idea is words -- specifically "In my Father's house there are many rooms". I'm concerned that that may be too many words for the castle size though...

I'm also thinking I may add a large fused door or two on the right hand bottom panel area -- I think the current door will get pretty swallowed up when I add more fabric on that side, and it feels a little small for a castle of this size...

7 comments:

Donna said...

needed to comment in order to email followup comments to myself.....:-)

Brenda said...

it's really fun. how about a drawbridge? knights in shining armour?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Love the castle! can the words make the border? then you'll have lots of room... its really wonderful good job!

Judy in Michigan said...

How about a moat in front of the castle with a small dragon coming out of the water? It could be a baby dragon with a small burp of fire? Love the castle!

Tracey in CT said...

This is neat. Very fun. I think it needs the kingdoms flag flying up there from one of the turrets.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful castle. That fabric is perfect for the stone. love all the little windows. I think the words would be just fine, going all the way around...

Clare said...

Donna - it's wonderful. I think you are right about the door. And I agree - words round the outside.