Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is the first time I have joined a group

Hi all,

My name is Jill and I have been quilting for about five years. Mostly self taught. I am not a perfectionist, so of course I love wonky. I made my first quilt with wonky letters about 3 years ago after reading Tonya's tutorial on Bonnies website. I remember having a long discussion with my son about whether there was such a word as wonky, so we looked it up, and of course it was there. Now all my mistakes just become part of my wonky quilting. I have been dieing to make a house quilt, so what better time. Please bear with me while I learn all this blog stuff and figure out taking pictures and posting them, not my strong suit. I have already dragged my adult daughter to the computer twice to get this far. I hope to finish a car quilt I am making for my grandson this week, then I will focus on houses. I will do my best to keep up. Jill

3 comments:

Brenda said...

all of life is a learning curve, but once you've got it, we can all see your quilts. the most fun part is sharing pix. and Tonya has a great tutorial on her blog (http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com) on resizing and uploading pix. good luck.

Jeannine said...

glad to see some other newbies here too! We can all learn together! Welcome!

Tonya Ricucci said...

this is a great place to learn about blogging, because help is at hand! So glad you decided to come play with us - always so happy to know another wonky quilter.