Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tree House Quilt Top

As promised, here is a quick pic of the tree house quilt top I am making for my hubby. I still need to add some borders, but the center part is now finished.

Maybe a solid thin inner border to frame the tree house mosaic, and then some wonky houses and wonky trees for an outer border... it has potential! I plan to stitch in the ditch outline quilt the tree, house and leaves, etc, and then free motion quilt inside each of those areas. I think that will make the design really pop!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

wow, it's great. how big are the squares?

jude said...

love this

nannergirl said...

This looks great. Great design :)

Jeannine said...

the squares were cut 2" each. I am adding a couple more rows of the green grass at the bottom, and some blue sky at the top to make it more rectangular.

Lisa said...

wow! that is great!

Twisted Quilts said...

WOW! what great use of color. It is like looking through a kaleidoscope.