Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introduction

Hi,
my name is Heidi, I live in Germany, I'm married and have 2 kids and I'm happy to be part of Tonya's class again :-))
I've collected a lot of turquoise fabrics and planned to make a wonky house quilt for a friend who turns 40 next year. ok, this was plan A, but when I started yesterday, I realized that I'd be running out of background fabrics . Most of the pieces I have are 10" square, some are FQ's and only a few are bigger than that. So I started plan B :-)



Plan B is making a wonky house baby quilt and a big quilt with simple squares.
So I'm making 2 quilts simultaneously and we'll see, which one will grow bigger ....


Heidi

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks great, Heidi. I like the tall, multi-storey house. and the colours are great too!

Colleen and Jason said...

oh those turquoises are DELICIOUS!! What inspiring colors!

nannergirl said...

Heidi,
Great start to both quilts. I love the tall skinny house, I've gotta give that one a try. Thanks for the inspiring photos!

Kristin Shields said...

Great houses, I also really like the tall one! Your colors are wonderful too!

Sharon said...

I love your colors, but especially love your high rise! What fun!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the houses!!! looks great!

Tonya Ricucci said...

keep working on the houses - they're wonderful. that tall house with all the windows is great fun.