Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's no place like home

Knit One Quilt Too Kristin here. After a couple of hectic weeks, I finally have time to show my progress on the red and white quilt. I immediately thought of Dorothy and had to do the Wizard of Oz theme. I put in four houses for the four of us. Each representing us in some way (me- the quilted window, Chloe- the house with dog bones and a heart, Ryan- the trains, hubby- the lovey dovey words. I then had to make a wee house for Scrabble. It was a lot of fun and I finally got to make a bunch of wonky trees to go with them. I can't figure out how to put the words on. All together at the top or bottom, or going around the borders? Any thoughts? There will be one more tree to fill out the middle space on the top, so it will be more or less square.

This second little top came about when I decided to do another of Chloe's sweet little houses. I'm not sure what I'll do with this yet. I'm enjoying seeing all the amazing creativity here!

9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, love your red and white houses, trees and letters!! Maybe There’s no place at the top and Like home at the bottom?

jacquie said...

love this! especially the way it represents your family. i think i might leave the words at the top, but however you choose, this is wonderful.

Brenda said...

fun! do you need any more width? If not, I'd do the words top and bottom, or even intersperse them between the houses.

Twisted Quilts said...

Love love love the red and white houses, how about putting the words in the border around the houses. You can't go wrong where ever you put the words.

Tracey in CT said...

Figuring out where to put the words has me stuck now, too. I kind of like your words where they are in the picture.

The red and white combination is very nice.

Colleen and Jason said...

I vote to use the words to circle the houses and trees, like a big hug. (I know, cheeeeesy, but there is some symbolism to the encircling, if you ignore the cheeeeeeese.:) )

Kristin Shields said...

Thank you all for your thoughts. I think I might take photos of the words in different positions and see which one grows on me.

Tonya Ricucci said...

This is wonderful. I love the fabrics and the symbolism. I'd go around the house and definitely include your names and maybe the year.

Lisa said...

I love the red and white!!!!