Thursday, October 30, 2008


Quiltpixie here... my castle now is as complete as it gets until I add word borders.

Thanks for all the great ideas re the dragon. For some reason my mind was stuck on needing a novelty print of a dragon. Duh, just build one! As you can see I took the suggestion to be somewhat subtle about it and only show his/her snout...

I changed the front door of the castle too -- the other was just too small -- this one is fused on top...

When I went to put on the thin borders I decided it would be wise to measure the edges as well as through the middle to ensure I was getting the piece nice and square.... Come to find out it was a dang good thing... the top edge was a whole inch longer then either the measurement through the centre or the measurement across the bottom! Found the spot that the seam had started to spread, and solved the problem... If only middle age spread was so easy in real life to solve :-)

I'm thinking the words might end up being "meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are cunchy and taste good with ketchup" Its fun and playful which I find appealing... Other ideas are welcome....

7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

thanks for making me laugh - those would be great words. Love how you've done the dragon - this way you only have your imagination and I bet he's HUGE.

Lynda said...

I think the rule of measuring through the middle is an especially good one for improvised quilts, as it's difficult to keep straight. (I didn't do it with my Summer challenge quilt, and it was a bit smaller along one edge!)

Clare said...

Great words!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love it. fab words! looks amazing...happy 34!

owlfan said...

I love the castel and dragon. And the words seem perfect!

the Campfollower said...

I LOVE your castle. Great work! That dragon is just perfect.

Sharon said...

I too love your castle! The door is much better now, and the dragon is PERFECT! And I love the saying too! That makes me laugh!