Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Construction news from BrendaS

I locked myself in my workshop...ahh...sewing room last night to construct some houses. My theme is "advice from home" and so I'm sewing up words and houses that pass out the sort of usual motherly advice as well as some nonsensical stuff (which is how I'm convinced my children hear it). I have loads of word fabric that doesn't work for my Words Fail Me project, and so I'm using some of these inside wonky log cabins or on the roof or maybe even the backgrounds. Here's one with apron directions, or something of the sort:this one has a cute saying on the house, and tickets that say "Admit one" on the roof.
I bought some of that Dick and Jane fabric before I had started my project, but it's hard to use in my other quilt, but perfect here.
I've also made a word or two, but I'll post more of those later. Gotta build some more houses....

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Whee, love the idea and your houses. mixing two of my favorite things together - words and houses- woohoo!

Lisa said...

oh I love those houses!

nannergirl said...

Neat concept for your houses! I love the Dick and Jane one.