Sunday, October 5, 2008

HI everyone, I am Tia.

Hello there! I am an Army wife, mother to 3 and fabric addict. We are stationed in the blazing hot center of Australia where I spend my days transforming men's' uniforms into bags or quilts. I have been quilting for the last 10 years and can't imagine a day going by without doing some sort of sewing. I have a blog Camp Follower Bags and Quilts where some of that adventure is.

Below is a Hero Quilt I am making for one the son of SPC Gebur out of scraps from his uniforms. I love how the liberated stars give it a version of twinkle.

I have plans to make a House quilt for this quilt together. I am quite excited about it, I love the wonky houses Tonya makes. I could blog on for hours, but suffice it to say that I am thrilled to be here and it is wonderful getting know you all!

xo,
Tia

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Tia, such a hoot to see military camoflage mixed into your blocks. great to have you in class!

the Campfollower said...

Uniform bits are in most of my quilts...just a tad though. It represents a great deal to me and my family. I have so much around my studio it would be a shame to let it go to waste. Thanks for having the class, it is great to be here!

Clare said...

I love the colours in this quilt. Great combination with the camoflage.

the Campfollower said...

thank you so much, Clare. I am quilitng it with a cream thread and it is taking on a nice stardust kind of look.