Tuesday, October 7, 2008

quiltpixie's toil

So I've gotten started on some words... Mostly these turned out well -- I'm not crazy about the ampersand, but I can live with it :-) My problem is, having learned that I've had a misqoute running through my head all these years I don't want to make it, but the correct quotation doesn't do it for me either :-( I think I'm abandoning these words to the pile 'cause my only other thought was adding a few dollar signs around them and making a journal quilt of our current world economy...


So I've shifted gears and have a new phrase in mind, but I want to create a huge castle to go with it... so I've started on the castle components :-) I'm thinking by adding the turret roof area to pieces I'll be able to layout the various blocks I'll make in a variety of ways, make just a few more "finishers" at the end, and have a castle that looks like its just been added to through the years :-)

how are the rest of you doing with your starts?

3 comments:

BrendaS said...

great words. Make a sign for your office with them?! I like the castle so far. If you want some red brick fabric for your addition, I've got some here. my construction project is going well too. watch for it!

T said...

Starts? What starts? I can't "light" on a design - so many things are possible!!

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

Heck, just do the phrase the way you want to - this is your quilt. the castle is loads of fun though - love all the little windows.