Tuesday, October 7, 2008

quiltpixie's toil

So I've gotten started on some words... Mostly these turned out well -- I'm not crazy about the ampersand, but I can live with it :-) My problem is, having learned that I've had a misqoute running through my head all these years I don't want to make it, but the correct quotation doesn't do it for me either :-( I think I'm abandoning these words to the pile 'cause my only other thought was adding a few dollar signs around them and making a journal quilt of our current world economy...


So I've shifted gears and have a new phrase in mind, but I want to create a huge castle to go with it... so I've started on the castle components :-) I'm thinking by adding the turret roof area to pieces I'll be able to layout the various blocks I'll make in a variety of ways, make just a few more "finishers" at the end, and have a castle that looks like its just been added to through the years :-)

how are the rest of you doing with your starts?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

great words. Make a sign for your office with them?! I like the castle so far. If you want some red brick fabric for your addition, I've got some here. my construction project is going well too. watch for it!

Fiber Babble said...

Starts? What starts? I can't "light" on a design - so many things are possible!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Heck, just do the phrase the way you want to - this is your quilt. the castle is loads of fun though - love all the little windows.