Sunday, October 5, 2008

A dive into the unknown

My name is Nicolette and I’m thrilled to join Tonya’s class. I started my quilting attempts about 3 years ago. After some months learning techniques by myself I gave up.
When I discovered blogland in April 2007 and read so much about quilts, I thought it was worth another try. Now I’m hooked. Meanwhile I’ve joined some workshops at my local quiltstore to learn quilting-techniques.
I’ve finished a number of quilts and I’m working on a list of others. They are very different in technique, colour, both traditional and modern. I’m on the learning path to discover what I like the most. So this is a challenge I couldn’t refuse! Besides quilting I also love to stitch, knit and sew.


I can’t show any free-pieced quilts yet. This crazy cat quilt was one of my first attemtps at a design of my own.

I love to use letters, partial because I’m a graphic designer. I’m self-employed and always in search for a balance between work, craft and familylife. I’m married for quite some time and live in Holland with my husband and Midas, our cat. My blog is called devliégendekoe.

I can’t wait to see what everybody else will be making. I hope I will succeed in finishing a little quilt in Tonya’s class before the end of January...! If not it will be added to the unfinished stash!

Nicolette

3 comments:

Clare said...

Wooo hooo Nicolette. Great to see you here.

Tonya - we're sitting at the back of the class :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Great to have you in the class - free-piecing is so much fun, I hope you enjoy it. I love the quilt you designed - love how the colors work together.

Amanda said...

Hello Nicolette, I think it was discovering blogland that really helped and motivated me too - always someone to help and so many ideas to pinch!