Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More Progress


I worked on the Home Sweet Home quilt this weekend. So far, so good. Tonya was right, those Ms and Ws look fine now that they are sewn into the top. I added some hearts to it, I got the 'center' together. Now it is measuring almost square, so I think I need to add more to it as I am not a huge fan of square quilts and I think I want this a bit bigger. Not a lot, but a little. I'm thinking a row of something along either the top of the bottom then a zig zag border around the whole thing. I'm not going to have a chance to work on it again until this weekend, but I'm thinking about what to add and would love to hear suggestions.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

it's great, especially the hearts. how about some asymetrical borders to get it unsquare?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

The zig zag idea would relate nicely with the W's and M's, I can also see a multi-colored piano key all the way around... with a nice thick strong border around the white... Although that would keep it square. Or maybe just tops and bottoms? It really is SWEET! Very cheerful!

Mary Johnson said...

I like the hearts too - I plan to add them into the borders of my HeartStrings Anniversary quilt that I'm working on for the class too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

my vote is always for adding names... I've always liked something along the lines of:
The Ricardos est 1952