Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hi Everyone!


Hi All. I'm Kim from Down in the sand quilts. I'm a mother of one (soon to be two!), a wife and a teacher, although I'm off on maternity leave right now. I usually do more traditional style quilts, but have admired Tonya's quilts for a long time and can't wait to make my House, Home or Pantry quilt.

I've never tried a wonky anything before but I had some time this afternoon and my first attempt is pictured above. I'd like to get the roof bigger, but otherwise I had a lot of fun playing.
Can't wait to see what everyone will come up with!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello Kim - yet another teacher! I retired from primary school teaching last year. Are you going to have time to quilt once number 2 arrives? That's a great little house, I don't think it matters about the roof at all.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun house. the more you play and practise, the better your houses will get!

jmb_craftypickle said...

I love how tall and skinny that door is!!